It is always nice to have a token custard recipe to fall back on. When you think about a lot of the old-fashioned delicious puddings that the older generations made us, it always came with custard.
Custard on top of a spotted dick, treacle sponge, steamed pudding or even on top of a chocolate brownie.
That’s why I wanted to put a custard recipe together for you so that I can show you that you can make a low-calorie version and that it still tastes good.
- 400ml skimmed-milk
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla-extract
- Take the pan, and put it on a low flame then pour milk into the pan.
- Let it heat on the flame for 5 mins and then remove the pan.
- Add all the ingredients like egg yolks, sweetener and vanilla extract together
- Then pour the ingredients into warm milk and whisk.
- Keep it on the flame for few minutes and keep whisking until the custard is thickened.
- Serve immediately.
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe, feel free to contact us here.