We at Dona’s Kitchen Cafe are starting our new dessert menu. Today I will share with you recipe of one of the items from our new menu.
- 75g low fat spread/butter
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 25g mini Rolo’s chopped
- 250g quark
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 sachet of options low-fat drinking chocolate powder
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Mix together the butter and sweetener, when smooth mix in the eggs with a little flour, then fold in the rest of the flour and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla and mini Rolo’s, make sure you mix well. Get 12 bun cases and put some mixture equally into each one then put them in the oven on gas mark 4 for about 15-20 mins.
- Whilst the cakes are baking you can make the filling.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling, mix well to make sure the peanut butter is mixed in very well.
- Cut out a hole in each of the cakes and fill with the filling.
- When cakes are cool serve warm I find the best.