Need the perfect recipe for a cold winter day? Nothing beats the chill like the smoky smell and heat of the barbecue. So time to get out your smokers and grillers coz we’ve got just the recipe you need.
The Barbecued Beef is easy to prep but requires considerable cooking time to the perfect flavors so we’d suggest you get started early. Depending on your grill, the cooking time may vary from 5-6 hours. Here’s everything you need to know to get started,
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Table Spoons|
|Liquid smoke flavoring||1 Tea Spoon|
|Red wine vinegar||¼ Cup|
|Boneless chuck roast||1 (4 Pound)|
|Ketchup||1 ½ Cups|
|Ground black pepper||¼ Tea Spoon|
|Prepared Dijon-style mustard||2 Table Spoons|
|Packed brown sugar||¼ Cup|
|Garlic powder||¼ Tea Spoon|
|Salt||½ Tea Spoon|
1. First, take a large bowl.
2. Place brown sugar, ketchup, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon-style mustard and liquid smoke and mixed it.
3. Stir in salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
4. Place chuck roast in a slow cooker.
5. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast.
6. Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours.
7. Remove chuck roast from slow cooker.
8. Now shred with a form and return to the slow cooker.
9. Now stir meat to evenly coat with sauce.
10. Continue cooking approximately 1 Hour.
Wow, your Barbecued Beef is ready to serve. But before you serve, do you want to know the nutritional value of the dish? We asked the question to Dr. Kenneth S. Cheng “Is Barbecued Beef good for health”? And here’s what he had to say.
“Lean beef is not bad for one’s health, as long as it is consumed in moderation. Your leaner cuts of beef include the filet mignon and New York steaks. The fattier and less healthy cuts include your prime rib and rib eye cuts. Stick with the healthier, leaner cuts and enjoy in moderation.”
Nutritional value of the Barbecued Beef.
|Total Fat||3.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.0 g|
Love our dish? Don’t forget to leave a comment below or write to us your feedback using the contact page and in case you’re looking for more beef recipes, check out our Sesame Beef recipe.